why Thali - தாலி is so special ?

 

Hello beautiful people, 

In certain south asian countries, particularly in India Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Singapore ... to resume in Tamil Hindu tradition, marriage is done not through ring exchange but by tying the rope தாலி


Image from Shutterstock


As a young Tamil girl, I would like to write about the beautiful feelings which I personally think thali gives. 

In one Tamil movie which I watched long time back, two people were in love. When hero asked the heroine if she prefers to exchange rings, she replied "no, I want you to tie thali to me". When he asked why she prefers தாலி, she responded something like "rings are cute ornaments which we have in our fingers, but thali comes upto my heart, and it's tied by the one I love. It is very special". This dialogue was not said by any actress, but by Silk Smitha. Since she is not mostly known for sentimental roles, this conversation stayed in my mind. Thinking back now it feels even more special. 

I think in love we should either be really lucky or really courageous, to have a healthy and strong relationship. Luckily, in sense when your life is easy, when you are not broken considerably 🤪, maybe you are in a more relaxed state. Being in love in this situation should not be that challenging, because it's always more easy to share happiness than pain. In contrast, if your life had lot of challenges, maybe you would feel the need to have a partner, to have a shoulder to lean on, but at the same time, it can be a bit scary. That's why I said you should be really lucky or courageous in life, to be in love



Perhaps you people have different opinion on this. In that case please share it in the comment section. It will also let me learn more about love ❤️. 

Any object, when we like it, it can be very special to us. Cars, toys or just anything. Thinking about everything I said before, people who get married with the one they feel confident, are blessed. Love and marriage seems to be special. Doesn't happen to everybody, even when we want to. That is why, the ornament associated with this, is extremely special

I have to mention about how much jewellery in general was adored by Tamil society through history. My brother once told me, "Tamil people like to dress up branded, not through specific brands, but through jewellery, accessories and clothing." We do give fashion statement from antiquity, perhaps even without thinking about it. This admiration is also seen in closer civilizations. 

Moreover, I read in an article about the history of thali. You might have noticed that there are two teeth like part to it. It actually refers to tiger's teeth. In the past, to get parents acceptance to marry their daughter, the guy should get two tiger's teeth by hunting. It portrays the bravery of the groom. 

I do accept that I am not personally a fan of wearing thali every time (like EVERY TIME lol). Still, Thali is just something extra special 💜for lot of us. 

Thanks for reading my little article. Keep in touch for more. 

Comments

Popular Posts